Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

One finished watermelon sweater!

  I embroidered seeds all the way around the yoke with perle cotton. Quite possibly that took me longer than knitting the yoke. There are some knitterly mistakes in this sweater and I learned some lessons for the future. The first mistake was the buttonhole spacing. There are way to many buttons on this little sweater. I wouldn't want to try and button a wee little one into this sweater. There is a black hole where yarnovers congregrate to make new lace knitters out of their minds. I hate seaming, even if it is minimal and unavoidable. Tonight, I'm going to cast on hat with leftover yarn. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one seriously cute sweater -- even more so with the seeds embroidered on.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

What a cute watermelon sweater and hat! Great job!

Enjoy your homeschooling years for they will fly by. After schooling mine alway through they are now gone and in thriving in college. I'm thankful for those hs years because they strengthened a bond between us that will always be tight! I'm sure you will experience the same some day.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

I haven't seen something that cute in a long time!!! That's so great and I would love to see a pic the lucky baby wearing both hat and jacket. Great work!

7:29 AM  
Blogger Boppingbeth (aka Beth or Elizabeth) said...

Great sweater--I love the watermelon idea!

Tubes--great things! My oldest had several sets, but now can hear and learn. It was a hard experience, but it does pass.

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home