Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, June 05, 2006

Amazing LACE project

 I joined the Amazing LACE and although I haven't been posting much, I started a project on Friday. It's the baby sweater from Elizabeth's Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac. I have stopped by the shop for technical assistance once. I've mostly figured stuff out on my own. I'm using addi turbos since there are no stitches requiring super pointy needles. I have inox on standby for a pointy needle emergency. The yarn is knitpicks shine in grass, cherry and green apple. The white is sinfonia from Hobby Lobby. It's slightly thinner than the shine, but it works as a nice transition from garter stitch to the stitch pattern. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Snapdragons said...

Awwwww. How cute! Did you see the watermelon hat on Yarn Harlot's blog?

1:26 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Yes, the Yarn Harlot's watermelon hat was the inspiration. All the yarn was in my stash and I hated the dark green by itself. The solution, knit a sweater since I have two balls of the green to get rid of. If I have yarn left I'll make a hat and booties to go with it.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this is coming along so fine, love the colors! I'm looking forward to seeing more progress pics of it! Happy knitting!

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home