Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, May 11, 2006

How to get the Sideways Sock Yarn Baby Pattern

The title is a link to the retailers page on Matthew's site. I recommend that you call my friend, Sharon, at Needleworks and she'll pop one in the mail to you. She doesn't do internet orders. The pattern is 7$. I think that is because Matthew actually test knits all the sizes. The sizes included are 18" doll, newborn, 3 mos, 6 mos, 12 mos and 18 mos. I am working on talking him into a sport weight pattern and some others who have knit the pattern are trying to get him to do a toddler version. It is knit on size 3 needles with a gauge of 7 sts and 10 rows to the inch. I'm doing the three month pattern which calls for 400 yds of sock or fingering-weight yarn. If you have any more questions, leave me a comment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Snapdragons said...

Thanks! I have been dyeing skeins of KnitPicks sock yarn, which isn't really strong enough for socks (not for me, anyway... maybe I drag my feet), so I've been looking for a cute baby sweater pattern that uses about 100 grams of yarn. This sounds perfect!

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home