Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Maybe I'll get to knit today...

Last Monday my father passed away and I've been very busy with all the responsibilities that go along with that. I live about an hour and a half from my parents home. I made the drive 5 times in 6 days. I think that is a new personal record. The good news is that we've seen the lawyer and my mom should not end up living in a cardboard box. I think that my mom is doing as well as you can under the circumstances. My father has been very sick for the last year and a half. In the last 6 mos the doctors have talked a lot about hospice, but my father was not ready to give up. He went quickly and quietly and that is about all any of us can ask for.

This afternoon I have a Girl Scout Cookie Sale and then I'm hoping to catch up on some laundry and maybe knit something from Pursenalities Plus.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your father.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I'm so sorry about your father. I am glad to hear that your mom will be okay in terms of where she lives

1:01 PM  
Blogger vlb5757 said...

Kara, I am sorry to hear about your father. Mine died after battling Leukemia for 18 months. Hospice was so helpful to my mother the last 6 weeks of his life. They are a great organization. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im so sorry Kara. If you need anything, please let me know.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home