Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, February 27, 2006

No knitting, no spinning... more pediatric steroids

Well, the steroid event with our youngest has gone into double overtime. We've got five more days counting today. The first antibiotic was a bust. We saw the Dr. on Wed and purchased the second antibiotic. We were up three times overnight Wed into Thurs and we finally got some relief on Sat.

To add to the drama of the steroid event, we had the fight with the insurance company for three days straight to get my dad into a long term care facility (nursing home)that was reasonably close to my parents home and could take care of a respiratory patient with his extreme oxygen needs. Once I had that feat accomplished, then we had to drive the 2 plus hours from our house to take him all his supplies. He got a refrigerator, dvd player, tv, clothes, food, soda.... My husband made a lot of trips in carrying a lot of stuff. Dad's only supposed to be there for two or three weeks. Then we have to drive back and haul all the stuff to my parents' home. I was amazed that there is a nursing home that allows you to bring all that stuff. They also have a super cool black labrador named Buddy. He is the most mannerly dog I've ever come into contact with. He had no bad habits. I bet he's really tired at the end of the day. He goes from room to room visiting with the residents.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get back to knitting and spinning soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger vlb5757 said...

Bless your heart, you must just be exhausted! It's refreshing to see that family members still take care of each other. How is your son doing? Sure hope things settle down for a while so you can catch your breath!

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home