Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, February 17, 2006

Thank you everyone...

for the kind comments and good wishes. We saw the neurologist this morning. I now understand a little better what we're dealing with. The little guy has "incomplete Bells Palsy." He has weakness on the entire right side of his face. We've only been able to see it in the lip droop, but apparently a trained professional can tell the entire nerve is affected. The eye droop, which is new with this ear infection, has improved with steroids, but we'll have to wait and see what we get. When we just had the lip droop, we weren't able to maintain the progress after the steroids ended. In two weeks he'll have another MRI under general anesthesia. The whole anesthesia thing is quite scary. I guess we make a plan when we get the results of the MRI. I try to remember that there are many children with much more serious medical problems and that we are very fortunate. I just hope that he is able to have a good attitude about it when he is older.

2 Comments:

Blogger YarnB said...

I hesitate posting this to you but I feel I must. I had Bells Palsy and it was misdiagnosed by many neurologists. It turns out I had Lyme disease which is actually an epidemic in this country. Most neurologists will not even look for it and steroids are very bad for it. Please go to www.lymenet.org and read more about it. Ask questions on the board and post about your son. Ask for physician referrals. The tests for the disease are often unreliable and more than 50% of the time, the patient does not remember a tick bite. The ticks are smaller than a poppy seed so it can even be in the hair. I was misdiagnosed for over 10 years and have many problems as a result. So PLEASE look into it. It is worth looking into, isn't it? And its treatable....Lisa

9:39 AM  
Blogger vlb5757 said...

Thanks for the update on your son. I am sure that things will work out and that as time goes by the news will get better! We will all say our prayers for your son and keep positive vibes going his way.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home