Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Yippeeee!!

I'm turning the heel on the sockotta socks. I didn't think it would ever happen. A lengthy discussion was had and it was decided that summer socks do not need to be 6 1/2 inches tall before you start the heel. Really, who wants tall summer socks? Those puppies have been cut off. I'm not even sure how tall they are and I don't care. I started the heel flap and I'm not looking back. Nothing like a sock knitter with attitude. After I finish the heel in both socks I am allowing myself two (yes, two) repeats of Branching Out.

Today I bought myself my first pair of addi 40" circs in size 0. I'm trying, unsuccessfully, (it's all knitpicks fault) to be on a yarn diet. So, I managed to put down the regia that I had in my hands. It was a self-striping ball of wonder. I did not manage to put it down until I made sure there were at least 3 skeins. I'll admit, I did consider hiding it behind other yarn. I got past it though, and left it out in plain sight. I'm not sure if that was a mature decision or a stupid one. Only time will tell. Can I get past it? I'll see if I make it through this week without returning for it.

I publicly knit a sock at a swim meet today. I resisted the urge to take pictures of it at the meet. Okay, I'll be totally honest. My husband had the camera and I had the three boys. He would think I was nutters if I borrowed the camera to photograph the sock at the swim meet. He would mutter about embarrassing our nearly teenage daughter and possible about the Yarn Harlot. He's seen her socks get around. I occasionally read my husband the Yarn Harlot's blog and show him the pictures of the sock on the book tour. He thinks knitters are a bit out there and perhaps, I have done my friend a disservice by getting her hooked on knitting. (He had to make an emergency run to her house today with three skeins of sock yarn that came in the mail.)

I'll post pictures when I get my two reward repeats of Branching Out completed.

1 Comments:

Blogger RenĂ©e said...

Congrats on getting to the heel, Kara! Have you ever tried to knit socks with 2 circular needles? That's what I use and I love it. I also knit from the toe up and if you'd like to venture into that, let me know and I'll send you my notes on it. :)

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home