Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

No pictures, again (sigh)

We started getting high speed internet 3 or 4 months back. We subscribe to a cable company (only method where we live currently) and they never buried the cable. It's strung across three lawns. Well, it finally go cut. What a surprise! The cable company couldn't believe someone cut it. Hah! I bet it happens all the time. Our neighbors had theirs strung through our yard for two seasons. I was afraid to let the toddler in the back for fear he'd trip and fall. The cable company knocked on our door and asked permission to run it through our yard. The guy acted like it would be a matter of days before they buried it. Isn't that fibbing? Well the cable guy came today and, of course, the cable is fixed but still not buried. Maybe I should start a pool like a sports pool on the day it will be buried.
On to the knitting news...
I have two more repeats of Branching Out completed. It's farther than it has ever been before.
I also made it back to a pair of socks. I ripped, knit and ripped them again. Not sure, but I think I have a small deficit or maybe I broke even. (deep sigh) I keep reminding myself I knit 'cause it relaxes me. It doesn't matter if it takes ten years to get one pair of socks done and 6 months for a scarf.

Perhaps I'll have time to photograph Branching Out in front of my new flowers I bought tonight at Sam's Club. They had a serious clearance on hanging planters. I treated myself to two. I might pose a sock in them also.

Speaking of socks and posing, I got the Yarn Harlot's book this weekend. If you have children and you knit to relax, you must read page 21. Page 21 has made me want to buy this for my friend that knits. I had a sock in my lap and "At Knit's End" by my side while I homeschooled the children today.(if you read page 21 you'll know how this relates) I'm working toward inner peace while I try to teach my children to start a sentence with a capital and end with an end mark. Mind you, we've been working on this with the oldest for seven stinking years. I must knit and remain calm. I'm sure she'll be able to consistently use end marks by college. We were able to potty train her and somewhat socialize her. She can read a little French. Surely, it isn't asking to much to end a sentence with a question mark when appropriate. I must go knit a few rows to settle my nerves before I finish my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home