Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, January 09, 2006

This just came today

 

It says "assembled". That would be all but the bits that need assembled. I spent an hour and a half assembling the assembled. It's true there is the four kid factor, but it takes a bit of time to screw those 12 little hooks on and then the tension and tying the knots in the nylon cord. I tried it tonight and no, I'm not posting pictures and I don't want to talk about it. Maybe tomorrow will be better. It's possible I'm a bit grumpy after spending an hour and a half waiting at the pediatrician's office and not getting dinner til after 8. Goodnight from the grumpy blogger. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE my Joy and hope you will like yours too. Hope you all are feeling better. Our family of 7 has gone this route many times this winter season. As soon as the cycle is over it seems to begin again.

2:12 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Hope you are feeling better. I have an Ashford Traveller and I LOVE it. They make good wheels. Hope today's spinning goes better.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Crazy Colorado Knitter said...

I got my joy for christmas -- fully assembled thanks to my favorite yarn/fiber store. [table rock llamas, aka 'the llama store']

Be sure to oil everything before starting to spin! I didn't have a clue, and it was HARD to spin until I did.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Crazy Colorado Knitter said...

Start with the tension loose, Loose, LOOSE.

Oil *everything* that can be oiled, including (and I most certainly would've overlooked it) the flyer shaft where the bobbin spins.

All of my first yarn seemed to be yanked out of my hands or severely overtwisted. Both were because my tension wasn't adjusted correctly. Start where you think it's WAAAAAAAAY too loose (although still making the bobbin spin), and tighten it slowly. By hairs.

I was told to oil it after each bobbinfull of yarn at first, and that after a while, you'll be able to tell when it needs to be oiled.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home