Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, October 12, 2005


I finished the first sleeve. I did much of it late last night. I only had about 2" to do today. I went to Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon and bought the Jewel Song yarn in the color sea pearls. I also bought some Pitter Patter. My knit picks order came. I bought two ball of wool of the andes, one hollyberry and one grass. I wanted to see how close they were to good Christmas colors. I also bought two more knitpicks color cards. I picked up Andean Treasure/Sierra and Decadence. Someone was knitting a sweater out of Decadence at knit night and it was the softest stuff I had ever felt. Even softer than Andean Treasure. I already own the color cards to Palette, Wool of the Andes and Merino Style. I can now make informed yarn purchases. Tomorrow is another day and the start of another sleeve.  Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

It looks fantastic! The cardigan I just finished for zander had some rows where the knitting and purling were "different." and I actually like the look of it... it's a little bumpy but almost in a purposeful "laid back" kind of way.
In my past experience, (of socks, not sweaters) imperfections "wash" out... so my educated guess would be that the uneveness will block (if not, wash) out.
Good luck... keep plugging along at it. You'll get it.

P.S. If you could not mention the knitting scarves thing again I'd really appreciate it. I don't want to think about the few I have waiting for me!!!

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home