Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Finished objects!

Lily the Pink from Sublime made with Sublime yarn and a lot of modifications. This pattern needed a lot of help. The moral here is think before you knit. The shaped shoulders (shaped with cast-off stitches) and shaped back do not sew up well. I wasn't smart enough to figure that out in advance. I should have reknit, but was too lazy. The shoulders have a seriously deep seam allowance. I woke up on the sleeves and instead of casting off two stitches something like 12 times, I did decreases every row to make a nice gentle slope that was much easier to sew in. I also changed a lot of the decreases so that they sloped the proper direction.
 
A back shot of the sublime baby sweater.
 
Little Sky Sock from Cat Bordhi's New Pathways for Sock Knitters. I had the best time knitting these socks and remain totally proud of them.
 
 
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home