Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, June 29, 2006

My three season knitting spot

  Posted by PicasaMiss Moonbeam shared her favorite knitting spot, so I thought I would share my current knitting spot. I don't know that it is my favorite, but it's practical with little kids to watch playing with the Brio waterway on the driveway. I spared you that view. The birdhouse in the background belongs with my collection on the porch. The house wrens that lived in there were taken out along with the door in a storm that produced a tornado within a mile of our house. The new tenants are bumble bees. We had a disagreement about using the front door so they were relocated. For two days they still held the front door hostage. I think we have a truce. As long as no one goes any further towards the birdhouse than my knitting chair, we coexist peacefully.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your spot! I also have issues with winged, stinging things in my spot, black wasps that like to nest inside my mailbox (got stung last summer!), and scary looking (but harmless to humans) cicada-killing hornets. However, it's been very handy to sit for long periods quietly knitting there, I have learned where they are nesting in the cracks and crevices of our porch and we can treat them.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home