Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Olympic Training photo

 
I started working on the Flower Basket Shawl yesterday for training. I'm probably going to knit kiri for the Olympics in a slippery cotton/rayon yarn called luna from elann. It started out fairly smooth. I figured out how many stitches I should have after each row and went to it. I was thinking, wow, all those people who picked this project were really smart. This is easy. Well, then there was a knitting incident. Said incident occurred in row 5. It's true, I got a little brazen and was talking on the phone and knitting and I hadn't had any coffee yet. Damage toll was high. I had to rip all the way back to the last row of the last repeat to salvage. I've knit all that and 5 rows more so, I don't have a deficit for the day. I hope there are no incidents like this come the 10th when the games begin. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Bekah M said...

That's a lovely color green. It's going to be a great shawl. Kiri is on my "to do" list too, but probably not for the olympics. I'm leaning fairly heavily towards the Mystery Shawl 2.

Anyway.... adding more repeats doesn't make the edging harder at all. You just keep doing the edging repeat until you run out of shawl. The math works out perfectly if you are adding whole 10 row repeats to the body. I hope I'm making any sense!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home