Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Highland Thistle Scarf Pattern

1 Skein Highland Thistle Yarn (Hobby Lobby exclusive) knit on size 15 needles. (I use bamboo)
Cast on 12 sts.
Row 1 and 2 Garter stitch (I always slip the 1st stictch for a nicer edge)
Row 3: knit 1st st and double wrap rest (It will look like you have 23 sts on the needle)
Row 4: knit 1st st and drop the wrap across. (you will have 12 sts again, tug gently to line up the sts neatly after you knit the row)
There are 34 repeats followed by 2 rows of garter st and a loose cast off.
There are 11 pieces of 12" fringe on each end.
You can do 33 repeats and get 12 pieces of 12" fringe on each end.
You can also do 32 repeats and and get 24 pieces of 8" fringe on each end.
I can knit this in slightly less than 3 hours. It costs $2.66 a scarf when it's on sale and $3.99 when it's not on sale. I love knitting this yarn. I have never found a cheap yarn I have enjoyed knitting with before.
Dimensions: 5 1/4" wide and longer than 60"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home