Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

The Great Dye Event Continues

Okay, the bit about the masking tape is important. I sealed the yarn I did inside the saran wrap with some serious masking tape and I could tell the dye exhausted after two rounds of two minutes on/two minutes rest. I have a serious microwave so I have been doing the "cooking" on power level 7. This next batch is knitpicks yarn worsted weight and I used the purple paas dye. I did a long segment full strength and then started watering it down. Then I put on some blue and said "Yuck!". So I put some red in with the blue and covered up the yuck. Looks like this method is mighty forgiving. Next I mixed the blue with the pink. I got a beautiful blueberry color but it was "Yuck!" with the purple so I once again added red and covered it up. I was too excited to remember to take a picture. The only reason I managed a picture with the warm colors was because my husband happened into the kitchen and said, "I thought you were going to take pictures." I'll try harder next batch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home