Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Dying with Easter Egg Dyes

I have begun my experiments with Easter Egg dyes and wool. Skein number one is fingering weight yarn dyed in yellow, red, orange and pink Easter egg dyes. The pink is one tablet, two ounces vinegar and 6 oz water. Red, orange and yellow is two tablets, two ounces of vinegar and 6 ounces of water. I squirted the color on with squirt bottles from Wal-Mart. The mason jars were purchased from Hobby Lobby to mix the dyes in. I was doing approx. 6" areas. In the end I smushed it together so the areas would bleed together more. I wrapped it in saran wrap and cooked it in the microwave for 2 min on, 2 min rest a couple of cycles. My saran wrap didn't seal all the way so some of the dye came out. That makes it hard to tell if the dye is clear as it is sitting in colored water. I'm hoping for the best. I don't want to "overcook" the yarn and have it loose its softness. I'm going to let it sit overnight and rinse and dry in the am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home