Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, February 05, 2007

Calorimetry

I made this from Mexico on Friday and Saturday. I had to have it finished to keep my daughter's ears warm for Sunday school. I'm sure that if I didn't have five kids I could have knit it in one day. Anyway, I did four less short rows. This led to a slight miss match. If you want to make it narrower, I'm guessing you need to knit an odd number of short rows. I've made a mental note to self. Next one I knit, I'm going to knit it on smaller needles. I'm sure it would be fine in most parts of the country, but it's -18 here today with the wind chill. Double knit probably wouldn't keep one's ears warm today. Since this cold spell is continuing, I'm now knitting wool hats. Maybe I'll have another FO tomorrow.
The color is a bit washed out. I'm still on the learning curve with the camera of my dreams. We'll see if it is still the camera of my dreams next week. The button is an antique mother of pearl from my grandmother's button bin.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Concensus on Calorimetry at the shop seems to be: (1) use smaller needles than the pattern/yarn recommend and/or (2) cast on fewer stitches.

It is a quick knit, tho, and a satisfying use of under 100 yards of yarn.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home