Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, July 10, 2006

My latest Christmas FO

 This is my favorite way to knit the Noro stripey yarns. I do a gauge swatch and figure out my sts per inch (in this case about 3) and multiply by 60 for a 60" scarf. I cast-on with a softer yarn and do 2 ridges or so of garter stitch. Then I switch to the Noro of my choice and do k4, *k2tog, yo, repeat across from * to last 4 or 5 sts and then knit them. I then knit 3 rows and the next time across I k4, *yo, k2tog repeat across to last 4 or 5 sts and then knit those. I continue on ending the noro with the yo, k2tog row when I'm out of yarn (this usually involves tinking a row or two of knitting because I misjudged). Then I pick up the original yarn and knit 3 or 4 rows and bind off. The current yarn is knitpicks Andean Silk in pitch, Noro aurora in color 3. The needles are Addi turbo circs size 11, 32" length. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Larjmarj said...

Soft fluffy and cozy looking! Nice work

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home