Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, May 09, 2005

I hate Mondays

We all have bad days and this is one of mine. I belonged to a yahoo group and accidently opened a can of worms. When I realized that I had opened a can of worms I posted an apology. I tried to keep the mood light. Apparently, there was a problem with this. So, I decided that maybe I wasn't a good fit for the yahoo group. However, I had volunteered to do some things and I make it a policy to follow up on all obligations. The only problem was we were out of milk and I hadn't had any coffee yet. I accidently posted a note to the whole group instead of to the person I had the obligations with. (bad English, I know, but alas no coffee yet). Further fireworks ensued and a few people sent me some really nice notes. Thank you very much, I needed those nice notes. Note to self: Do not join anymore yahoo groups. I hope all the friends I made in the group will continue to stop by my blog and leave me a note. The bag pattern should be finished and published free on this site soon. Thanks to a wonderful husband, I have milk and I'm going to go make a quadruple cappucinno. (is that how you spell cappucinno?)

5 Comments:

Anonymous maryswen said...

Hi, I am in the yahoo group too, but don't post much.. Just hang in there it will all blow over.. You did nothing wrong...Your purse is wonderful & I am looking forward to when you post the pattern here..

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Dani said...

I'm really glad I still know where to find you - you are a wealth of information and a really nice person to boot, so trust me, you arent shaking us that quickly LOL

2:38 PM  
Blogger TitaniumRose said...

Ah yes, the ever popular yahoo group blow up. It seems like there's some sort of cycle they all go through. Things will be fine and then all of a sudden some innocent comment/request gets blown entirely out of proportion and people take sides like it's a modern day civil war. It's totally inexplicable and yet it happens regularly. Don't take it personally - my experience has been that once it's time for the explosion to happen almost anything will set it off. You didn't do anything wrong, really. Hang in there, it'll settle down soon enough and no one will remember it happened in a few weeks.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Renee said...

I agree with TR. I've been on various other yahoo groups too and there are always 'blowups' then things are quiet for a few days and then back to normal. And yep, Dani and I are glad to follow you around Kara... aren't we Dani?? hehehe

Looking forward to checking out your new purse pattern, Kara :)

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Amy said...

Oh, Kara, I'm sorry you unsubbed and I will keep coming to your blog--I love it.

For what it's worth, I think people were waaaaaay too sensitive with the whole thing.

Amy

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home